Passports and Visas

When traveling internationally a valid passport is required. The information below is as accurate as possible at the current time but requirements vary per country and can change at any time for reasons beyond the control of Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel.  It is the responsibility of the traveler to verify appropriate documentation.

Expiration – Many countries require that your passport be valid for 6 months beyond your dates of travel.  Please check your expiration carefully.

Passport Application Process – If you need a passport, please read the details below and make sure to apply with enough time until travel.

Passports for U.S. Residents

It may take up to six weeks to get a passport. Applicants will be required to bring two official passport photos, a birth certificate and a parent must show ID in the form of a license or passport.

For more information, click here.

For expedited passports, you can contact Instant Passport, a private company, at 800.284.2564 or visit the ‘expedite a passport’ page of the U.S. Department of State’s Travel Website.

Passports for Canadian Residents

Applications for passports can be picked up at any post office, travel agency, or passport office. Applicants will be required to bring proof of citizenship in the form of a birth certificate and two official passport photos.

For more information, click here.

Visa Information

A few Westcoast Connection / 360° Student Travel programs require a visa for entry or other specific instructions. More information will be included in your specific pre-trip information package. For most up to date information, please see the following:

U.S. Citizens – click here.

Canadian Citizens – click here.

Other Citizens – If you live in another country, please check with your local government and/or contact us for assistance.

Here is some general information about some of our destinations.

South Africa Community Service 13 and 25 Day Programs or South Africa Family Getaway

To enter South Africa, you must have 2 blank pages facing one another in your passport. If you have traveled often and no longer have this space available, you must acquire a new passport as this is strictly enforced.

Australia and Australia plus Hawaii Active Teen Tour Programs

An Electronic Travel Authority Visa is required for travel to Australia and is valid for up to 3 months.  For all American and Canadian residents, we will provide you a form to complete for us to procure it for you.  If you need more information regarding this requirement, please click here.

Travelers From Outside the U.S. & Canada

In addition to a passport, make sure all your travel documents are in order. Check if a visa is mandatory for travel from your country.

For overseas visitors to the USA, you will need to receive approval using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) program under the Visa Waiver Program. Apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours in advance of your trip. U.S. Customs and Border Protection will now be unable to accept international travelers without ESTA approval or a valid visa or Green Card. If you have a U.S. or Canadian passport this is not applicable. The ESTA can be obtained by visiting the ESTA Web site.


© 2014 Westcoast Connection Travel Camp Inc.